Thanks to everyone that submitted an entry to my Centurion Quiz. It was highly entertaining to see how much, and how little, you know about me. The time has come to announce the three winners, but first the answer key:
- Let’s start with an easy one: I changed my Twitter handle to match my blog title. What was it before that? DorklordCanada was my original Twitter handle.
- Another easy one: I freelance as administrative support. What is the job title I use for that work? I consider myself a White Collar Mercenary, since administrator just doesn’t sound cool enough.
- Now we come to the math question: If I copy-edit your 27, 483 word manuscript how much will I charge you? $151.16. And cheap at twice the price. 😉
- In what municipal location did I first learn to play D&D? (Need the name of the city as well, please.) A lot of half-answers, but I was looking for city and building. So Fort McMurray Public Library was the correct answer.
- What is the web-comic I have followed the longest, and why? The correct answer is PVP, because one of the main characters is named Brent. The first part you could get from my post on webcomics, the second part…you needed to know how vain I am.
- Name the only character to make it into Star Trek’s second pilot. This was on my mind because of the guest post I had just written, but the answer is Mr. Spock. Although his character changed a bit, he was the only one brought forward from the first Star Trek pilot, “The Cage”.
- I am a huge fan of this Star Trek: The Next Generation alumnus, and I gave him my best Killer d20 at a Gen Con. Who is he? My fancrush on Wil Wheaton is no secret. And when he put out the call for dice at Gencon 2010, I was more than happy to respond!
- Okay, I’ll slide you an easy two-parter. Fill in the blanks: ___________ is my favourite RPG, and I just became a ____________ to support it. In order, the correct answers are “Pathfinder” and “Venture-Captain”. People did get very creative with this one, though. I didn’t even know they made a Hide the Monkey RPG…
- If I could be swept away on one vessel from science fiction, what would it be? Many good answers to this one, and the truth is I wouldn’t turn my nose up at any of them. But the correct answer is the TARDIS. PVP shows my reaction the best…
- What is your favourite colour? I was surprised, I actually got a few people with this one. Since I am asking for your favourite colour, there was no wrong answer. But to the person who cursed me out for not providing the answer anywhere in my blog…the answer was inside of you the whole time. Also, reading comprehension, look into it.
Okay, I can’t put it off any longer, mostly because a few of you will organize lynch mobs. Though no one rated a perfect score, but the top three scores belong to: Michael M., Josh B. and Kirk M.! Congratulations you guys, I’ll contact you via email to discuss your prizes. And a big thank-you to everyone that entered; it was heartening to see so many entries from new people. Welcome to the blog, and I hope you enjoy it for a hundred more posts.
I do have another post that will go up later this afternoon; I wanted to end the quiz suspense as soon as possible. So stay tuned! The afternoon got away from me, so you’ll have to be patient and wait for tomorrow morning. Worth the wait, I promise…