May already! If, like me, you are not only trying to get to the weekend but anticipating celebrating Cinco de Mayo, you deserve this extra large helping of links to occupy your mind. I’m a giver. You’re welcome.
- Anyone who knows me knows about my thralldom to the Dark Mistress Coffee. I want one of these, so I can make my coffee with science!
- Planetary Resources plans to mine asteroids. I’d dismiss this as another pie-in-the-sky tech story, except that Phil Plait thinks they can do it. Good enough for me!
- We need a word in English to describe something simultaneously cool and sweet. Because that word would describe Tweenbots.
- I can be a bit of a grammar nut, I’ll admit. But I love this article, if for no other reason than I can maybe let some stuff slide…
- Fox is set to turn Axe Cop into an animated series. Fox has a better track record with animated content, so I am more hopeful than I probably should be.
- In a bold and welcome step, Tor/Forge are going DRM free for their digital content. This right here, this is what I was waiting for before getting an e-reader.
- While we are on the topic of trends I’d like to see, Valve is looking at ways to charge people based on how fun they are to play with. I’m not sure how they’d pull it off, but if it happens it would get me gaming online more often. Which may not be a good thing…
- And on that topic, here is an excellent Extra Credits episode about harassment. They reference an incident during the episode; this is that incident.
- Last week Monte Cook announced he was no longer working on the new D&D. I’d be lying if I said this takes away some of the hope I had for the new version; a lot of what I heard and liked came from Monte. But I’m staying positive, and can’t wait to see what he comes out with next.
- Speaking of D&D, here is a pretty intricate flow chart of the effects of early D&D exposure. Or lack thereof…
- On Earth 2, this is the movie they are anticipating instead of The Avengers…
- Courtesy of sonofamortician and Deviant Art, I present a Cthonian Elephant:
- In case you missed it when it came out this past weekend, I give you the international trailer for Prometheus. I have chills, people. Chills!
- If I had any artistic talent, this is the sort of stuff I’d be doing. But I don’t, so I’ll settle for buying one at the earliest opportunity.
- And finally, in a bold move to time warp their users back to the 1990s, Hulu will require their users to have cable. Let me explain progress, Hulu…no, it will take too long. Let me sum up…
That’s it until next week! Enjoy your festivities and remember: friends don’t let friends drink Romulan Ale and pilot a starship.